Thursday 28 July 2011

At War with a Notion

At war with a notion of myself

An alarm clock

A task that brings the money

A past recalling sabotage

Near defacing of the self

Fear

That confessing my destruction may bring rejection

Finding solitary solace in a televisual haze

Ripe with images of other lands

And seeking communion through electric ether

Voyeuristic vision over computronic webs 

As the night descends to cold 

I sink into a dark history

Playing before me on a screen 

Then slip into slumber ...



Waking thoughts of a twin sister

Though she was not my kin

Found dead in forest with no head

Native of the eastern lands

She grew near those cliffs

That we shudder to mention

Years before many fell to their deaths


Thank god the twisting and turning inside me

Is not that which seeks to prey on others

But sadly the snake twisting round

To bite its own tail

Tears are not blood

But they might deliver me

In something close to exorcism

No comments:

Post a Comment